Please donate to our COVID-19 Relief to help our LGBT community in need. Many of our community members are now displaced from employment or their “gigs”. Donations will be used to help those in need with small cash grants, food or other essentials. We will also do our best to support and sustain our LGBTQ businesses in hopes of protecting them from permanent closure.
*Important Note- Gay Island Guide is NOT a non-profit organization. Being Hawaii’s most prominent resource we are making our site and resources available as a service to our community including the ability to accept credit cards via our website to accept donations.
Buy a New Gay Island Guide Shaka T-Shirt and a Portion of Proceeds Will Go to Help Hawaii’s LGBTQ Community Industry Workers Ana Businesses.
Gay Island Guide in partnership with Scarlet Honolulu and Aloha Harvest is hoping to put on a series of food drops and distribution for Hawaii‘s LGBTQ community and anyone in need.
A variety of available refrigerated and dry food will be given at NO COST!
The next distribution is:
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2020
Where: Scarlet Honolulu
Financial donations in a by amount are welcomed to assist with cost of supplies and etc. Remainder will be used to support Hawaii’s LGBT community.
Volunteers are also welcomed and needed! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
Learn more about the Gay Island Guide COVID-19 Relief Program.
If you are a resident of Hawaii and a member of Hawaii’s LGBTQ+ community currently not receiving any income (such as other employment) please apply now. It is important to note that we may not be able to assist everyone as it will depend on donations and funding.
Leave a $10 donation just as you would tip a bartender or server.
Most of Us Have Done It! So Rather Than An Underwear, Help A Dancer Who Depends on Their Tips To Buy Their Next Meal! Help keep our dancers looking healthy!
Drag Queens provide exciting entertainment within our community almost weekly! Many of them are now without jobs or gigs, so help keep their make up filled and wigs styled!
We’ve All Bought A Round For Friends! Help More Friends with a Donation of $50!
Being VIP always feels good! Make a $100 VIP donation! It will go a long way!
Adopting a Haus will go a long way and help many in our community!
Gay Island Guide is proud to be Hawaii’s premier LGBTQ+ resource and guide. We are NOT a non-profit organization but a locally owned small business in Hawaii. Throughout the years we have had the honor and privilege of serving our community in connecting them with our LGBT businesses and also producing some of Hawaii’s top events.
During this time of crisis with the COVID-19 pandemic, we find ourselves like so many others. It is our hope to utilize our resources to help our LGBTQ community as many struggle now more than ever to pay bills and even figure out where their next meal will come from.
Our community has faced many adversities for decades and we have no doubt we will get through this together. However, right now our drag performers, bartenders, hotel workers, hair stylists, flight attendant, makeup artists and many more find themselves without any sort of income.
Additionally, our LGBT small businesses find themselves in predicaments of whether they will be able to survive and even reopen again once this pandemic has passed.
Through community support and donations, we hope to help provide those from our LGBT community that find themselves in need a little relief Through cash grants, food and other essential assistance that they may need.
The Gay Island Guide Covid Relief Program is meant to help Hawaii‘s LGBTQ community members who find themselves in need. Please read the following requirements and qualifications:
- Must be a member of Hawaii’s LGBTQ community or was actively employed by a Hawai’i LGBT business as of March 1, 2020.
- Has been a resident of the State of Hawaii for at least one year.
- Is currently not receiving any source of income from other sources of employment.
- Will assist in promoting in asking for donations for the program. This includes but is not limited to: posting on social media.
- Will provide any verifications necessary
- Agrees to use any cash grants for payments of food, medication, rent/mortgage or utilities.
- Agrees to support Hawaii’s LGBT businesses and supporters once the crisis has passed and businesses reopen.
- Agrees that when they are in a position to do so, they will support or “pay it forward” by making a donation to the program or to a Hawai’i based LGBT non profit organization.
- Agrees that at no time can cash grants be used for any drugs including marijuana.
- If approved, applicant agrees that should they violate any requirements they shall repay 100% of assistance.